“Change won’t come
if we wait for some other person or some other time,
We are the ones we’ve been waiting for,
We are the change that we seek..”(~ Barack Obama)
Everything changes and that includes ourselves. We are not what we were five years ago. We have learned; we have changed; we have grown. Especially when I’m consciously molding myself with self-reflection. I mean, the change on the inside, the change of me.
If I think back through my own life, I notice the change about myself as I grow-up, and below are the list:
- I find it hard to spend money “just like that” as I know that earning money is not that easy.
- Realize that time, knowledge, and experienced are really, really, really precious.
- Get the idea that things I’ve done a few years ago, feel extremely retarded to me now.
- Aware of personal insecurities, personal fears, self-esteem, jealousy & feelings of envy. It’s just part of life, after all.
- Asking much to myself about “What is really the meaning / purpose of life”.
- Gained ability to evaluate the viewpoints of others, not just see things merely from my point of view.
- Accepts the fact that I can’t always win, and “learns from mistakes instead of just whining about the outcome” are truly necessary.
- Able to differentiate between rational decision making & emotional impulse.
- Being able to distinguish between “needs” and “wants”, that makes me more able to take ownership and responsibility of personal actions.
- Able to see the various shades of grey between the extremes of black & white, and understanding that open communication is the key.
The thing is, there are many aspects of my life that I have made very deliberate effort to change, and writing this is part of the process in order to make it happen. Surely, this is not something that can happen overnight.
And like most human beings on this planet, most of our lives are spent trying to improve, to move forward & evolving, and ultimately that’s all we are meant to do, and I’m no different…